Sunday, December 5, 2010

*insert Oliver's birthday weekend here*

I just had a GREAT weekend celebrating Oliver's 21st birthday! On Saturday, we had an AMAZING Christmas lunch cooked mostly by Tom, one of Oliver's housemates. But first, of course, we had to put up some Christmas decorations!

After making the living room look Christmas-y, we sat down to an epic lunch! We didn't eat until around 2, but it was SO worth it. The food was great- just look at this!

And Oliver got an amazing cake, too!

I didn't take a picture of it, but Rebecca and Alisdair made whipped cream to go with the cake, too! That was sooooooo good! (I guess I was too busy eating it to take a picture, lol.)
We had to leave the lunch midway through the dessert course to meet Oliver's parents for tea at a local cafe! Like dinner with my parents, it in NO WAY resembled the trailer for the movie "Meet the Parents" so that was good! They were also kind enough to give both of us a ride to the restaurant for dinner! Thanks!
I neglected to take any pictures at dinner (I am a shame to the Rycenga part of me) but that was also really nice! I also gave Oliver his present from me at dinner- a really cute hat!
Then it was time for Oliver's PARTY! George made him an epic FLAMING DRINK! This is what it looked like after it was on fire:

Notice the stylish hat Oliver's wearing!
All in all, I had a great weekend :) (It would be even better if the Vikings weren't killing the Bills, though).
- Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment