Friday, August 27, 2010

1st Post!

Tomorrow we'll discover what our God in heaven has in store!
One more dawn!
One more day!
One day more!

- "One Day More", Les Miserables

I LEAVE FOR LONDON TOMORROW! OH MY GOD!
Ahem. Thought I'd get all of that excitement out of the way before I did my intro post. For those of you that don't know me (but I'm assuming that most of you do) my name is Miranda and I'm about to start my junior year at Boston University. This semester, however, I won't be shipping up to Boston. I will be studying abroad for 4 months in London, England! I'll be taking 4 classes there as part of the London History and Literature Program. The program is through BU- BU has a campus in London. I'll be staying in an apartment-style dorm there with 3 other girls.
I still have lots of stuff to do, but I finished packing my clothes last night. Let me tell you, it was SO hard fitting everything into that 1 suitcase! AND I still have some more things to pack in there! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!
Tomorrow I'm leaving Rochester at 11:30 and arriving in JFK at 12:41, where I have a nice looooooooooooong layover until 7:30, when my flight to Heathrow leaves. I tried to get a flight from Rochester that didn't have as long of a layover in JFK, but there was basically nothing leaving in the middle of the day. Meh. As long as I have internet, though, I'm good. And I've never been to JFK before, so I'm kind of glad that I have a longer layover- it will give me lots of time to explore!

This blog will be a way to keep everyone updated on my travels! I'll try to update daily if I can.
Love you all!
- Miranda

1 comment:

  1. Have a good time in london!!! I can't wait to read about all the fun things you will be doing!!!

    <3 marla

    ReplyDelete