Monday, August 30, 2010

Chinatown and more!

Today went really well too!
So I woke up at 8:30 (after sleeping for almost 12 hours). I didn't have any issues sleeping at all, I just passed out the moment I closed my eyes. When I woke up, I took a shower (which redefined the term "scalding hot" -_-) and got dressed. I then attempted to have breakfast. I say "attempted" because I was not able to access my cereal. The kitchen has little cabinets with locks for each of us, and I can't find my key that opens the lock :(. My RA said she'd get me another one, though, so it's all good.
We then left for our orientation. There was a "fire drill" to get us all out, but apparently we didn't do it fast enough, so we have to do it again tomorrow. Wowwww. Our orientation consisted of some lectures in this small auditiorium. Most of them were very informative. I walked back to my dorm for lunch and then had 2 more lectures in the afternoon.
While at the lectures, I met Matt (who goes to Cornell) his roommate Dan, April, and Sophia. Matt and Dan live in Courtfield Gardens (another dorm) and April and Sophia live in the Crofton with me. Anyway, I got to talking with Matt and he invited me to go to Chinatown with them for dinner tonight! So after walking back to my dorm for a bit, I left for the Tube station to go to Chinatown with them (plus April and Sophia's roommate, Sylvja). It was really fun! We went to this super cheap all-you-can eat buffet for 5 pounds, which we loved because it was so cheap. The food was basically your typical artery-clogging Chinese food (lo mein, rice, spring rolls, etc.) but it filled us up really well. Then we went to a Chinese grocery store, where Dan bought a rice cooker and some rice. Then we went back on the Tube to go to Sainsbury's, the biggest grocery store around here. I bought an ADAPTOR THAT WORKS! along with some things I forgot to buy yesterday. Then I walked back to my dorm with the other girls that lived in London, and FINALLY GOT ON THE COMPUTER FOR A DECENT AMOUNT OF TIME! You have NO IDEA how happy this makes me!
There was a comedy show tonight, but it started while I was at dinner with everyone, so I missed it. Matt came to around to our room because him and some of his friends were going out, but he never got back to us so I don't think were're going.
Tomorrow we have more orientation lectures and then a book sale where we'll buy our books for the semester. We're going to a pub with our RA for dinner tomorrow.
Chinatown pictures:

No comments:

Post a Comment