Saturday, August 28, 2010

Airports!

I'm leaving on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again
Oh babe, I hate to go

- "Leaving on a Jet Plane"- Peter, Paul, and Mary

The song this time doesn't fit quite exactly with my feelings- I do know when I'll be back again, and I don't hate to go- I love travelling! But it was the only airplane-related song I could think about at the spur of the moment.
So! Now I am FINALLY at JFK! My day has been pretty action-packed so far! The first snafu of the trip was totally my fault- I somehow lost my brain this morning and left my airplane ticket for London on the kitchen table! I don't know HOW this happened. Anyway, I was very freaked out, but luckily my parents discovered this very quickly and my awesome father was able to drive up to the airport to give me my ticket. Thanks, Dad!
The flight to JFK was really nice! I had never flown on JetBlue before, and I LOVE it! They have little TV's on the back of the seat, so I wasn't too bored, lol. On Comedy Central they were actually showing Airplane! and even though I love that movie, I thought it would be a bad omen to watch it while I was actually on an airplane. JetBlue also serves Coke in cans, which is always a plus.
Once I got to JFK, I took a shuttle train to the Virgin America terminal, where I had to wait around for about an hour and a half because they weren't checking anyone in on Virgin America until 2:30 -_- . This meant that I was one of the first people in line, though. By the time I finally passed through security and got my baggage checked, it was already around 3-ish, and I was STARVING. Luckily, there is this AWESOME pizza place right by my terminal, . The pizza there is all made from organic ingredients. I normally don't eat organically, but the pizza there was SO GOOD! Nomnomnomnomnom.
So currently I'm updating this via JFK's WiFi. Unfortunately, the ONLY outlet in my gate requires me to sit on the airport floor to use it, and I really didn't feel like doing that. So I'm currently across from my gate at this small bar place, where I had to buy a water to sit in their comfy chair and use the outlet. Heh. After I'm done with this I'm heading back to the gate to use the WiFi until my battery runs out, and then I'll probably read or something like that, I don't know.
- Miranda

2 comments:

  1. Looks like your having fun, and I miss the jet plane song, even though its sad, its my favorite. But seeing the lyrics makes me miss camp and pinewood lotss. Anyways have a safe flight and can't wait for another blog entry!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny! We were joking that you'd forget your passport, not your ticket!

    ReplyDelete