Monday, August 30, 2010

Daily update FAIL.

Remember how I said I would update every day? Yeah, that totally didn't happen, LOL. So in this entry, I'll talk about what happened yesterday! Yay!
So, the plane ride went pretty well. I was actually waiting in the wrong gate for most of the time, but that wasn't that big of an issue as the the gates were right next to each other. The plane was HUGE! It had a whole upstairs section, a bar, etc...I had never been on a plane that big! AND they had TV's on the back of the seat where you could watch whatever you wanted to! Seriously, they had a HUGE selection of TV shows and movies to watch. I watched The Blind Side(soooooooooo good) and some TV shows. I attempted to sleep on the plane, but I was WAY too excited. I maybe got about 30-60 minutes of sleep? I don't really know. But the plane ride itself was REALLY smooth. It didn't even feel like we were flying, really.
Once I got off the plane, I got a cab to the Crofton (my dorm) with Kelly, the girl I sat next to on the plane, and some of her friends. Since 3 of us were in the cab, we got to split the cost, so it was nice. Then I arrived at my dorm! I'm in a quad. My one roommate, Chelsea, is in the College of General Studies program, and they got here earlier this week and were taking a trip to the Lake District this weekend (sooooooo jealous!) so she wasn't there, but my other roommate, Brittany, came a little bit after I did. My final roommate, Andrea, had visa issues and should be arriving here tomorrow.
Brittany and I unpacked and set up our phones and computers. It took me a while to figure out how to send a text to the US, but once I figured it out I was fine. I went on my computer for a brief amount of time but I didn't know the password to the Crofton wireless network at the time, so I sketchily logged onto this wifi that had a really poor connection. Brittany and I walked around and took pictures outside:









Then Brittany and I left for a walking tour of London with the rest of the building.
That's when the bad stuff happened.
When I returned from the walking tour, my laptop WOULD NOT TURN ON. AT ALL. I FREAKED OUT, thinking that it had been fried to death or something like that. Seriously, I was soooooo upset. After another quick meeting about procedures and with our hall, I talked to my RA, Ashley, about it for a bit. I kept trying and nothing happened.
Eventually, I went with Brittany, Matt (another guy on our floor, he goes to Wake Forest along with about 30 other people here, they have a huge contingent) and some other people to go grocery shopping at Waitrose, a local supermarket. I bought a bunch of groceries for making meals, etc. and some other stuff that I needed.
We all walked back, and then we all went back out to get dinner at a local pub. It was really fun! The bartender was SO cute! We walked back to Crofton after that. I then went on the computers in the computer lab upstairs and looked up my problem. It said that there was probably an issue with my adaptor. I tried my other adaptor, but it was only for 2-pronged appliances, not 3 like my laptop is. So then Brittany and I went out to get new adaptors (because she didn't bring any) but the only ones we found were European adaptors, not USA ones.
I passed out at around 9:30 last night, soooooooo tired and jetlagged.
Today's entry coming soon!
- Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment