Sunday, November 14, 2010

Natural History Museum etc. with Oliver

Before I properly start this entry, I want to state that, at the time I'm writing this, the Bills are beating Detroit! If they win, I will probably do a victory dance of epic proportions. I know we're playing DETROIT of all teams, but still. That is all.
ANYWAY, today was really fun, like the rest of the weekend! It was raining this morning, so Oliver and I went to the Natural History museum, which was free, like most museums in London. I was glad that he suggested that because I actually haven't been to any museums AT ALL while I've been here. Everyone keeps telling me to go to them because all of them are free, but I guess I've just never gotten around to it, really. I've been to a lot of author's houses, though, which I find more fun than most museums anyway.
The museum did allow photography, so I probably should've taken some pictures, but I figured I took enough at the parade yesterday, haha. It was pretty standard stuff that you'd see at a natural history museum- dinosaurs, animals, different kinds of rocks and gemstones, etc. It was a lot like the one in New York City, although of course this one was better because it's free :).
After walking around the museum for a couple hours, we got lunch at a pub (the same pub that I went to on MY VERY FIRST DAY HERE, in fact). It was good and it got us out of the rain for a while, hahaha. By the time we were done eating lunch, though, the rain had stopped. Then we walked for a bit in Hyde Park until it got dark. Overall, it was a really good day :) My feet are practically KILLING ME from walking so much this weekend, but I don't really care.
Tomorrow we might actually go ice-skating, so that should be cool.
- Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment