Saturday, November 20, 2010

Still waiting...

...about whether I'm the secretary of Wandering Minds, at least. Yeah, I've STILL received no word about that. If I do become secretary, I'll promise that I'll send timely emails about stuff like this! Keeping people waiting is never good! Ah well, you guys will hear about it as soon as I find out!
So! I realized after I wrote yesterday's entry that I told you guys absolutely NOTHING about the AMS gig on Thursday! Wowwww, what a fail. The gig we went to was called "Come Get Felt Up" and it was really cool! Basically, it was like a giant arts and crafts night with a band playing. People compete to make the best arts-and-crafts project that fits the theme, and the winners receive some awesome prizes! Thursday's theme was PERFECT for AMS- animals/celebrities crossed with musical instruments.
Charlotte, Liam, and I worked on Tyrannosaurus Sax:

While Peter and Tom made Piano Reeves:

GUESS WHICH ONE WON THIRD PLACE?
OF COURSE, IT WAS THE TYRANNOSAURUS SAX! We won a Benny Hill record and a "chamele-horn" (chameleon strapped to a play instrument).
THE WINNERS!:

I'm such a good chamele-horn player, hahahaa.
OK! Onto what happened today!
Today Mom, Dad, Lydia, and I went to the British Museum! It was SO COOL! We saw lots of really cool things, including the Rosetta stone! Of course, we got lots of pictures, but they're all on the family camera. We spent so long there, but we barely scratched the surface of the museum. They even had an exhibit containing the BOOK OF THE DEAD, but it cost 12 pounds a person and was also sold out, so we didn't go. I loved the rest of the museum, though- they had another special exhibit that contained original Picasso drawings, which was really cool to see.
After that, we went to the Cheshire Cheese pub for dinner (where I went with the literature program in September! It seems so long ago now). Oliver joined us for dinner, so my parents and Lydia got to meet him for the first time. Luckily for us, it did NOT go like this:

(I tried to find the "I have nipples, Greg. Could you milk me?" scene on Youtube, but I couldn't. It's probably there, I'm just lazy tonight. Meh.)
It went VERY WELL! We were both SO HAPPY about this. We walked back past St. Paul's cathedral, which was really pretty at night. I had a really nice night :).
Tomorrow LYDIA AND I WILL TAKE OVER LONDON TOGETHER! MWAHAHAHAHAHA! Don't worry, we're not planning anything evil- just a day of EPIC FUN! Let's see what's on our itinerary...HARRY POTTER 7, Platform 9 3/4 at King's Cross, Chinatown, Notting Hill, frozen yogurt, possibly some shopping....man, we're going to have a packed day! I'm really looking forward to it, though. Yay!
- Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment