Friday, November 19, 2010

Playing the waiting game...

So, I meant to update my blog once I found out whether I've been elected as secretary of Wandering Minds. But I haven't found out yet (I think they're going to send an email out with the voting results for both the secretary position and the shows that were pitched at the meeting...hopefully). So, I'm going to update this blog before the day is over (in my time zone, anyway).
Today was fun because MY FAMILY HAS FINALLY ARRIVED IN LONDON! AND THERE WAS MUCH REJOICING! I spent a good part of my day with them and had a great time! They explored Kensington Gardens, and we had crepes for lunch at this nice little place by the South Kensington station. After they had a nice nap for a couple hours, we had dinner at this Italian place by my dorm. The food there was GREAT- I had this wonderful pasta with spinach, pine nuts, basil, parmesan, and garlic in a cream sauce. NOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM. After that they went back to their hotel and I prepared my speech.
I don't know if I mentioned this in my blog before, but I this evening I ran for secretary of my theater group at BU, Wandering Minds. Our current secretary, Sylvia, is going abroad next semester, so we obviously need a new secretary. I've loved being a part of the group during my time at BU, so I was excited to have the opportunity to run for a leadership position there. Send me good vibes!
Tomorrow I'm hanging out with the family again. We're probably going to just do some touristy things- Buckingham Palace, Notting Hill, maybe a movie tour, etc. Should be fun! Mom's taking most of the pictures so you'll have to wait a while before they're posted anywhere.
- Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment