Friday, November 12, 2010

You probably expect this right now...

...yeah, no update yesterday, but as I said in the subject line, you guys probably expected it because it was Thursday and I almost never have time for updates then. So this will be a combined Thursday/Friday entry, like they usually are.
So, on Thursday I had a field trip to Samuel Johnson's house, like I told you guys in the Wednesday entry. We hadn't read a lot of Johnson's work this year, so I wasn't really sure what to expect, but it was actually really fun and informative! We had a really good tour guide, too, which helped. The house was right near the Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese pub that I reallt liked, where we went in the beginning of the year with the Literature Program. It was really weird to go to basically the same place with the same people and see how much we've changed in two months...
Speaking of months...I officially only have 1 month left here :(. Actually, a little less than that, as I leave on December 11th. :( I guess I better take advantage of every opportunity I have, then. I'm of course going to be thrilled to go back to the US but the people here are just absolutely wonderful. I'm definitely going to miss some of them.
....but I'll save all of that gushy stuff for the day before I leave. No use getting all sad now. There are exciting things happening!
....which is a perfect segue into the rest of my Thursday! (Sorry...about the...love affair...with the...ellipses...in this...entry, hahahaha). Last night, I had a wonderful date with Oliver, who I met at the AMS Halloween party! I know lots of you probably feel INCREDIBLY out of the loop about this, but I didn't want to make it a huge deal before anything significant happened. That happens so many times with me- I build something up to be bigger than it is, and when it actually happens it isn't nearly as exciting. ANYWAY, Oliver and I saw Due Date, which was hilarious (even though it was basically a remake of Planes, Trains, and Automobiles). I had a really great time! Tomorrow we're going to the Lord Mayor's Show (which is referred to on the website as "the world's oldest civic procession", so I guess it's kind of like a parade). I'm really excited for that too!
Today I haven't really done much...it's been really cold and rainy all day. I did my laundry, though, so that was good, and did some shopping. That's about it, really.
- Miranda

2 comments:

  1. Eeeeee, you had a date? That's awesome (:
    I can't believe you've been in the UK for this long. I haven't commented a whole lot, but I've been keeping up with your blog for the past few months. I think it's wonderful that you've posted about all your experiences for others to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thanks Rave! I love it when people comment on my blog. *feels loved*

    ReplyDelete