Tuesday, November 2, 2010

This entry has pictures!

So I totally could've updated yesterday, but I just got lazy, I guess. Yesterday was pretty fun- I went to a music-themed pub quiz with AMS. We didn't win (because most of the questions were about pop music that we didn't know about) but we didn't do terribly either. We also didn't have a creative enough team name to win in that category (the winner was "Halal, is it meat you're looking for" which I think is quite clever). Overall, though, it was a great time.
Today, I finally got to go to Hampstead again! As readers of this blog will remember, I went to Hampstead about a month ago with my "Meeting the Writer" class, but it was pouring rain, so I didn't get a huge change to take lots of pictures. Today, though, it was nice out (if a little chilly) so I was able to finally show you guys how gorgeous Hampstead is!
I went to Hampstead with the literature program to see the Keats house, which was really interesting! Keats hasn't been my main area of study during this trip, but going to his house was still really cool. We weren't allowed to take pictures on the inside (this has been true of basically every museum I've been to here) but the outside was still really pretty:

There were also some lovely gardens around the house. Not much was blooming, but I was able to get some good pictures, including this one of a rosebud. This is also probably my favorite picture I've taken my entire time here- I love the simplicity of it:

After we toured the Keats House, we walked up the Heath, where there were some AMAZING views:

Once we reached the top of the Heath (where I took the above picture), we read Keats's "Ode on a Grecian Urn" out loud. It was a really cool experience.
While we were on the Heath, we saw lots of people hiking/running etc. that had the same idea as we did. To my delight, we also saw lots of DOGS! This REALLY made me miss Dylan, but I loved seeing the dogs- all of them seemed so happy to be running through the Heath. Three of them were so excited that they decided to go swimming in the lake!

I'm going to end the entry with the swimming dogs. Bye everyone!
- Miranda

1 comment:

  1. Great Post! It is so amazing when you are able to see sights such as the Keats house that inspired such a famous writer. Love,Mom

    ReplyDelete