Friday, October 22, 2010

The entry filled with clips from Oliver!

Hey guys!
So Thursday was basically a go-go-go type of day, so I didn't really have any time to update! Here's what happened:
After my class, we all took a field trip to the Charles Dickens house/museum, where he lived for part of his life. It was really cool! (I have some pictures of the outside of the house, which I'll probably add to this entry later). It's a smaller museum but REALLY nice and informative! They also had a special exhibit on Oliver! which thrilled me, of course! They had Nancy's original dress from the musical, original sketches of the set design, prop strawberries from "Who Will Buy", etc. Made me so happy! I'll embed a youtube clip from the movie:

SINGING UNCHANGED BOYS! GAH! They were playing "As Long as He Needs Me" in the exhibit- I'm guessing this one would've made everyone hungry, though I wished they played different songs from the musical instead of the same one the entire time.
Gah, now I'm going to have Oliver! songs in my head the rest of the day. Let's have another clip!

Anyway, then I went to a meeting of the Tea Club at Imperial with Stephanie, which was really nice. Unlimited tea and pastries for 50p! After that, I was just going to relax/not go out because I went out on Tuesday, but Veronica (who I met when I went to the gig with AMS last Tuesday) invited me to a karaoke night, so I did that for the rest of the night. Such fun!
Today I relaxed and didn't go out, as I think I'm developing some sort of cough/cold thing. Meh. Hopefully I'll be better by tomorrow.
- Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment