Friday, October 8, 2010

My Bath excursion!

So I forgot to update yesterday (that seems to be a running theme...) even though I totally had lots of opportunities to, lol. Anyway, this entry will be about my trip to Bath, which technically isn't over yet as I'm still here, lol. If anything other awesome things happen after I'm done writing this entry, I'll write about it tomorrow.
So, as Sarah pointed out in the comments of my entry, I actually didn't end up going to the pub crawl on Wednesday night, because it was actually on Thursday and I read the date wrong. WHAT A FAIL. That actually worked out a lot better for me in the long run, though, because I got more time to relax and pack.
I safely got onto the train to Bath on Saturday morning. Bath is SUCH a cute town! The scenery here is BEAUTIFUL, I keep forgetting to take pictures but I totally have to because I want to show them to everyone here. And, of course, it was really nice to see Becca again! It's been a pretty chill time here so far, which is REALLY nice. Even though I haven't been doing lots of stuff, it's really nice to just relax and enjoy the scenery. Becca went to a yoga class last night and somehow persuaded me to come along (!!!). As everyone knows, I'm probably the least flexible person on the planet, but I made it work.
There's also a legit scale in the bathroom here, and when I weighed myself (just out of curiosity) I found out that I had lost about 10 pounds since I've been here! I'm SO STOKED! That definitely made me feel a lot better.
Becca and I spent last night watching TV and just catching up with each other, it was really nice. I don't get to see her at all during the school year, obviously, so it was nice to finally be remotely close to one of my friends!
Today Becca and I went to a really cute little market, where I bought a DELICIOUS chocolate raspberry ripple. It was soooo good! I don't know what we're doing tonight, but the weather's really nice so I hope we're able to walk outside for a bit.
Tomorrow I get into London at 12:39. The Imperial Alternative Music Society is going to a concert at 1 (well, they're having a drink at 1 and then going to the concert). I really want to go (so I have something to do on Saturday) but I think I might be cutting it a bit close time-wise. In typical Miranda fashion, I am going to buy tickets (they're pretty cheap) and see if I can make it there. Let's hope this all works.
- Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment