Saturday, October 2, 2010

Well, October's starting off well for this blog...

Yo, so I didn't update yesterday either, haha. It's hard for me to update on days that I'm going out because I don't want to say I'm going somewhere when I'm not sure whether I'm going or not. I don't like going on the Internet in general after I go out (because I usually get back pretty late and don't want to wake my roommates up...and my feet hurt/I'm tired, etc.). So that's why I didn't update yesterday.
So! Yesterday I went to Club Egg. It took me a while to find someone to go with but I ended up going with some people from the 5th floor, who were all really nice. I had a fun time, but it took us FOREVER to get there because apparently none of us are good with directions...and they still made us pay a 6 pound cover even though we had already paid online. They also wouldn't give us our free drink vouchers at first, but eventually we got them. I had a great time!
Going slightly out of order, yesterday Phyllida law spoke to my "Meeting the Writer" class! She's actually more famous for being an actress (she's Emma Thompson's mother!) than a writer, but it was still cool to hear her talk about her book. She was really funny and sweet- we talked about the most random things, lol. I had to do a presentation on her book beforehand, and I think that went really well.
So today, I don't really have any plans. Normally I'd be kind of upset about that, but it's actually my own doing because I have exams next week. Here's what I have to do for next week:
- Read Defoe's A Journal of the Plague Year (for Monday)
- Study for my exams (I have 2 of them)
- Write a 2,000 word paper (for Tuesday)
I also have work for the week after break which I'll start if I have time. I woke up late today, so I don't have as much time as I'd like to work. I probably should stop writing this entry then, haha.
- Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment