Thursday, September 30, 2010

Wow, Miranda remembered to update on a Thursday!

Hey guys! I have lots of work to do today (as I predicted) so I'll try to make this entry quick.
So today we went to the British Library! It was soooooooo cool! In addition to the Magna Carta, they have an ORIGINAL WRITTEN COPY OF JANE EYRE, ORIGINAL SHAKESPEARE FOLIOS, and ORIGINAL BEATLES LYRICS! SQUEE! I loved looking at all of the things on display and learning the history of the library. Unlike the London Library, the British Library doesn't allow open browsing in the stacks- you have to browse their online catalogue, find out what you need to see for research or whatever, and get a letter sponsoring you, etc. I don't really know if I'll need to do that at the moment, but I'll probably go back to view some of the exhibits.
We had about an hour and a half to ourselves to explore the library/go home or whatever and then we had class from 2-5. It was with my "Meeting the Writer" professor, so that was nice.
At 7:30, I went with members of the "Meeting the Writer" class to this comedy show in Kilburn, where Robbie Hudson, who we met earlier this week, was performing. It was really cool! "Comedy show" isn't really the right word- it was more of a storytelling/music show that was really funny, lol. If I *didn't* have class tomorrow, I'd probably be going out now, but I have a presentation due tomorrow for my class that is meeting. For most people, it was their last day of classes (before midterms) so they're going out, but I'm going to stay in for the rest of the night.
Tomorrow, I might go out to Club Egg because they're doing a promotional thing where you get free entry and a free drink! I need to find people to go with, though. All of the CGS kids are leaving this weekend because their break starts tomorrow, lucky ducks. Meh.
- Miranda

2 comments:

  1. "I loved looking at all of the things on display and learning rhe history of the library."

    English Major fail

    rhe ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stupid typo. I'll fix it.

    ReplyDelete