Saturday, September 11, 2010

Buckingham Palace!

So today I went to Buckingham Palace! Yay!
We *did* figure out how to get there, eventually. The map that my lovely Mom gave to me FINALLY came in handy, as it showed us what Tube stops were near Buckingham Palace. After walking for a while, we finally reached BUCKINGHAM PALACE!

It was pretty epic.
Unfortunately, we missed the changing of the guard (it's on alternate days) and the guards were behind the gates of the castle. Meh. This is the best picture I got of them:

So instead of taking a picture with them, I took a picture in front of the gates, which were also pretty epic:

After some picture-taking, we actually went inside the palace to tour the State Rooms! Unfortunately, there was no picture taking allowed in there. The inside was BEAUTIFUL! Crystal chandeliers, famous paintings, etc...so wonderful.
After the state rooms, we were led to the gardens, which allowed picture taking and were also very pretty:

Then we made our way home. I finished part of my homework for Monday. I might go out tonight to a bar with some friends, I don't really know.
AND TOMORROW I'M SEEING HENRY IV (PARTS 1 AND 2) AT THE GLOBE THEATRE! OMG!
- Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment