Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Let's take the Internet away from a bunch of college students!

See the title of this blog? Ok. Does that seem like a good idea to you? Well, that's what's happened this afternoon for the people in my dorm. Apparently, someone's computer has been sending out viruses, so the head of the program needed to get the "Mac Address" (some computer thing) from everyone's computer to determine who was sending the viruses. Since they didn't receive everyone's "Mac Address" by a certain time, they decided to cut off our Internet until they receive the remaining addresses/find out which computer is sending out the viruses. This is making everyone extremely mad, including me. The people in the other dorms are probably laughing at us now though, haha.
How am I updating, you may ask? The computer lab gets Internet still, so when I need my computer I update from there. I can also *sometimes* pick up another wireless stream from my room, but it goes in and out. That's what I'm doing now. I hope InternetGate is over soon!
- Miranda

1 comment:

  1. BOOO, INTERNETGATE. D:
    They could've handled that so much better, but given the situation I suppose I see the urgency. I hope you get it back soon!

    ReplyDelete