Tuesday, September 28, 2010

In which I find out about my package!

So today I FINALLY found out what happened to my package! Yay! So apparently I need to pay the Value Added Tax (VAT) before my package can be delivered to me. It was about 40 pounds :( but at least I know that it will be delivered to me TOMORROW! YAY I CAN HAS MY LEATHER JACKET! AND WHEAT THINS! (Although I later discovered that Partidge's sells Wheat Thins. But they're really expensive. Meh.)
So today in my "Meeting the Writer" class, we interviewed Robert Hudson, who wrote "The Kilburn Social Club". He was REALLY funny and nice! He's performing in some sort of comedy night thing on Thursday at a pub, and our class is going to go (I think) so I'm pretty excited about that!
Also, in the newsletter today we FINALLY got some information about when Imperial College starts, etc.! This also makes me really excited. Even though I've been attending classes, living in a dorm, etc., the environment around here isn't very collegiate (we really have no campus AT ALL, even less than BU, and the buildings are all about a 10-15 minute walk away from each other). But I don't mind that as much. What I've REALLY been missing are extracurricular activities. Well, I'll be able to get over that next Tuesday, when Imperial has their version of Splash and you can join all of their clubs. They even have a cheese club! Seriously! I'll have to bring that over to BU...
That's it, I think. Just doing homework for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment