Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Having fun isn't hard when you've got a library card!

So I actually didn't end up going out last night, lol. But that was kind of nice because it meant I was well-rested for my excursion today to...
THE LONDON LIBRARY!!!!!!!
But I'm going to taunt you guys for a while and talk about what happened before that (which isn't much, so you won't have to hear that much before I get to the fun stuff).
So today I had one of my Core classes, where we discussed Spenser's Prothalamion. The professor was impressed because I knew what an Aeolian Harp was (thank you, the tons of Romantic poetry I studied last year!). Then class let out an hour early so we could take the Tube over to the library together. This library is EPIC and BU is giving everyone in the literature program a FREE membership! (It's a private library so normally people have to pay a lot of money for a membership).
Past members of the library included:
- Charles Dickens!
- George Eliot!
- Charles Darwin!
- T.S. Eliot!
- Virginia Woolf!
- Winston Churchill!
- Agatha Christie!
- George Bernard Shaw!
- Henry James!
Oh my God, it makes me soooo excited to know that I am now a member of this library. It has sooo many books (they never throw any of their books away) and it's HUGE. I could spend hours in there. We're going back on Friday, so I'll probably have an opportunity to then.
On our way back from the library, I was going to go eat at a pub with some other girls from the program but then IT POURED RAIN. Luckily I had my umbrella with me but some parts of me still got sooooooooo soaked! So we just decided to take the Tube back to Kensington, and by that time it wasn't raining anymore. Go figure.
Again, don't really know what I'm doing tonight...but tomorrow, I don't have class until 3 (!!) because we're having a guest speaker and she can't come until later. Yay sleeping in even more than usual!
NOW ONTO THE GEEKY LIBRARY PICTURES! (I didn't get any pictures of the inside of the library, but I'll try to one of the times that I'm researching there!)

"May I extend the warmest of welcomes to the best library in the world" is probably the one of the best sentences ever.

AND IT'S EVEN BETTER WHEN IT'S FROM TOM STOPPARD!

LIBRARY CARD! :)

- Miranda

1 comment:

  1. I am SOOOO jealous!!! Just to sit in the same library George Eliot used: Wow!

    ReplyDelete