Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I'M ON A BOAT

So! Today I was on a boat (tour!) on the Thames! It was really fun! Last night I didn't end up going bar-hopping, but I went out to Covent Garden and explored with Brittany, Tamara, and Ben from our floor. It was really fun- it was down where the West End stuff was. They're doing lots of cool shows there now- Billy Elliott, Oliver!, Les Miserables, etc.
The boat cruise was really cool! We went all up and down the Thames and saw sooooooooooo many sights- Big Ben, the Tower of London, etc. Some professors lectured while we were on the boat, and it was really informative and cool.
Some pics from the boat:

London Eye

Big Ben

Blurry picture of the Globe Theatre!
The rest of the pictures are on Facebook.
After the boat took us to Greenwich, they basically let us loose to explore the city. I hung out with Tamara and Brittany for most of the time. We bought some things in a shop (including postcards that some lucky people will be receiving!) and then had lunch in a little cafe. After that, we went to the Greenwich Market, which was this really cute little craft fair/market thing with lots of stuff for REALLY cheap! I didn't buy much, just this bracelet:

I know, I know, typical Miranda, right? We also got some fudge and pastries at a bakery and just browsed around a bit. We did lots of walking around the area- it was BEAUTIFUL. Again, more pictures are on Facebook.
At around 4, we took the Tube back to our flat and hung out for a bit there. I FINALLY met my other roomie, Andrea, and she's way cool! We talked for a really long time, it was great. I had dinner and I've just been hanging out in my room ever since. I don't have any huge plans for tonight or anything, I'm just chilling in my room. If someone invites me somewhere, I'll go with them, but it looks like just a chill night for me. Same with my roomies, but they basically all have class at 9 while I don't have it until noon, so I could go out if I wanted to. But I think most people are thinking "first day of classes tomorrow, I don't want to go out..." which is fine with me. Tomorrow I'm going out to a pub with the people in my program and later it's the start of semester party, so that should be really fun.
Love ya!
- Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment