Friday, September 3, 2010

Daily update fail again

Ok, so I know I said I'd write every day, but yesterday was just WAYYY TO BUSY for me to do that. So this entry covers yesterday. I don't know when I'll post today's entry...maybe once I know what I'm ACTUALLY doing tonight.
Also, two nights ago I had a really great Skype chat with Sarah. It made my life.
Yesterday I had my first class, the research seminar. The two "core classes" that we have to take in London are both taught by the same professor, Mark Allen. He's REALLY nice and funny, too! All of the classes here are 3 hours long (12-3) which is going to take some getting used to. We do have a 30 minute break in between, though, so sometimes I like to think of it as a 1.5 hour class followed by an hour long class. I don't know, it makes me feel better, lol.
After class, I went back to my dorm quickly and headed out on the Tube to go to dinner at a pub with the people from my program! The pub was my favorite one I've gone to so far (and not just because BU paid for everything, lol). It's called the "Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese" (which is a really cool name) and so many famous people ate there: Charles Dickens, Samuel Johnson, etc. which makes it even cooler! Also, the food is excellent. I had a really great meal! The people in my program are very chill and nice, too. We all seem to be very like-minded people, which is good because we see each other for at least 6 hours every week, lol.
After the pub I quickly took the Tube home and got ready for the start of semester party! I went down with Andrea, Brittany, and some other girls (Chelsea didn't go). It was sooooo much fun! We went to the party and then went to another club. My feet were KILLING me because I wore high heels, and after the night was over my ears were seriously ringing because of how loud the music was, but it was amazing!
I wish I had pictures to show you...I should've brought my camera to the pub, but I didn't want to bring my camera to the party because I was afraid I'd lose it.
Next entry should come tonight, but today I haven't really done that much exciting stuff. Maybe this will change.
- Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment