Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Poetry, the amazingness that is green tea with mango

Hey all!
Today I had my "Meeting the Writer" class again. We got our first assignment back (just a 500-word summary on our meeting with Aida Bahr and translation) and I got an A on it! WOOT WOOT! It was really awkward at first because she handed our papers out to us and would talk about what she liked and didn't like about them ("So-and-so, you need to proofread better, Cheerleader, the summary was too negative, etc.) So I was really scared that she was going to say really negative about mine, but she didn't! Yay!
Today in class, we met the Irish poet/novellist Martina Evans. She was VERY nice and soooo talkative! Talking with her actually made me WANT to write poetry, which basically never happens (the only good poem I wrote was during my freshman year of high school). So I came home from class wanting to write, but I have lots of other poems to read first (by Dryden, Swift, and Rochester, for my other class).
I'm going to work out again today (pretty soon, in fact). Before I work out, I like having green tea (apparently it boosts your metabolism or something like that...). So when I bought green tea here, I decided to be adventurous and purchase green tea WITH MANGO. BEST DECISION OF MY LIFE. This stuff is soooo good! The mango gives it such a sweet smell and taste. YAY GREEN TEA!
- Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment