Monday, September 13, 2010

Gym and more!

Hey guys!
Today I had my "Meeting the Writer" class. Apparently, I was the ONLY ONE able to get the play (Amy Rosenthal's On the Rocks) online beforehand, so we spent the majority of the class reading the play out loud with some copies that my professor brought in. That was pretty fun. Then we had an interview with Amy Rosenthal, who was really nice. The play is about the lives of D.H. Lawrence, his wife Freida, and the writers Katherine Mansfield and Jack Middleton Murry when they all live together for a summer in Cornwall. I didn't know much about Lawrence beforehand, so it was interesting to hear about his life and the lives of the people he lived with.
After that, I ate dinner and then went to the gym here for the first time! We had 3 gyms to pick from, but I decided to go to Club Kensington. I had a free 3-day voucher from them, but after that I'm going to join. I had a good time there, I went on the bike for about 45 minutes. I also found out that I've lost 5 pounds since I've been here WOOT WOOT!
So tomorrow I have my "Meeting the Writer" class again, and then I'm going to the gym again. I might actually DO MY LAUNDRY if I have time, too!
- Miranda

1 comment: