Sunday, September 12, 2010

What, in thy quips and thy quiddities?

^ I just really like that line...
ANYWAY! Today I went to THE GLOBE THEATRE! OMG OMG OMG! I was kind of impressed that I made it there on my own pretty well, since there isn't a Tube Stop right next to it or anything. Of course, this meant that I had to take lots of pictures as I walked over the Millenium Bridge to get there...

HERE IT IS!

Side note: at the same time, the Thames Festival was going on. It was this cute little craft fair/entertainment type thing. I'll stop here later for an amazing crepe!

Onto the inside of the theatre! For Henry IV: Part I, I was a "groundling" and stood at the center of the theatre. Here's my view:

The performance was AMAZING! I was was EXTREMELY excited to find out that Falstaff was being played by Roger Allam! Who's Roger Allam, you may ask? Well, he's kind of the person who ORIGINALLY PLAYED JAVERT IN LES MISERABLES! *geeky musical theater squee* He was probably the best, I think, but the guy playing Hotspur was really good, too. I just loved watching the actors act, even if my feet hurt and I was short and couldn't see some of it, lol. It was really cool being a groundling, though- I felt so much closer to the action. Also, the weather was BEAUTIFUL, thank God. Yay for not getting rained on!
After part I was over, I walked down to the street festival to get something to eat. What did I find? CREPES, BABY!

I had an epic crepe there, it was wonderful! Then I walked around the festival for a bit and went back to the theatre for part II!
Now, for part II, I was actually sitting in a seat, thank God. This was my new view:

Even though it was kind of a sideways view, I think I enjoyed Part II better than part I! The actors seemed to have stepped up their game, if that was even possible!
It was an AMAZING experience! If any of you ever go to England from May-October, you MUST go to the Globe!

No comments:

Post a Comment