Monday, September 6, 2010

Monday Monday...

So, today I had the first meeting of my "Meeting the Writer" class! Normally it goes from 1:15-5:15, but today our prof decided to be nice and let us out at around 2:30, yay! The class seems really cool so far! There are only 3 other people in it- I've never had a class that small before! The prof seems really cool too- she's REALLY knowledgeable about everything and seems very nice. The class itself is really neat- a different contemporary British writer is going to come and talk to us at every class, and we get to interview them/ask them about their books. SO COOL! Tomorrow, Aida Bahr (a short story writer) is going to talk to us about the problems inherent in translating a short story (she's Caribbean, I think, and the story we read was originally in Spanish). The class is on Mondays and Tuesdays.
I didn't do that much else today besides going to class, lol. It was pretty windy/cold today and started to rain for a bit- I think the typical London weather has started! Oh, I did sign up for my student Oystercard (subway pass) today, which was good.
Tomorrow I have the "Meeting the Writer" class again. After that, I don't have any concrete plans- I might sign up for a gym here. It's all pretty up in the air at this point.
- Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment