Saturday, September 25, 2010

Procrastination!

Didn't do much today! It was cold out, so I didn't feel like going for a huge walk. (Side note: I will be sooooo happy when my leather jacket comes in the mail!). I totally didn't pack as many long-sleeved things as I should for this trip, as it got cold here REALLY quickly. That's why I'm really happy that my parents have sent me some of my long-sleeved things from home. I would go shopping here but a) it's expensive and b) I don't really know how easy it would be to find clothes that fit me.
I meant to tackle a lot of my homework today, too, but I kept getting distracted. I know procrastinating is really bad for you, but sometimes it's hard for me to focus when I know that I don't need to have a particular book read until Tuesday, for example...so I just waste my time on the computer. Lol.
I keep going back and forth on whether I should join the gym here or not.
THE POSITIVES:
- It satisfies my need to have things to do every day, especially due to the fact that it's about a 15 minute walk away (probably even more than that, actually). The distance is also a negative, but we'll get to that. The positive side is that it gives me something to do every day, so I feel like I'm not just lazing around like I did all day today.
- I get to weigh myself at the gym. I know some people don't subscribe to this ideology, but I really, really like weighing myself every day. It REALLY helps to keep me in check.
- The obvious one: I'll lose weight and be able to continue the workout thing I did over the summer. Yay!
THE NEGATIVES:
- It costs money. I am a poor college student. Plus, I don't even really use all the things that the gym offers (I probably won't take any classes there, as they make me feel self-conscious) so I won't feel like I'm getting enough for my money. All I really do at the gym is the treadmill and bike, anyway. I don't like running outside as much and it's getting colder out anyway, so it's useful to have these things at the gym, but I don't like paying for them.
- The distance. Yes, a 15-minute walk is not far. However, if I spend about an hour at the gym, that's an hour and a half of my time, in total, spent for the day. And on days that I have class (ESPECIALLY Thursdays, which is when I usually go out) sometimes that's too much time to be taken up. It's nice for the weekends, but it might be hard to go every weekday.
- The irrational one: the last time I worked out at the gym, it started my EPIC 5 DAY SINUS HEADACHE. I now associate the gym with my EPIC 5 DAY SINUS HEADACHE, even though exercising is probably not what caused said headache. I'm paranoid that if I work out there again, I'll get another EPIC 5 DAY SINUS HEADACHE.
- At this gym in particular, I often get bored. At the gym I went to in Rochester, there was closed-captioning under the TV's, but at the gym here there isn't. So just listening to music and watching the people on TV doesn't do it for me, really. I don't want to buy a membership to a gym where I'll be bored. I can try other gyms and see what their facilities are like, but I don't know how I'll like them.

That ended up being way more in-depth than I wanted it to be. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment