Friday, September 10, 2010

BARELY ON TIME!

Man, this "not updating yesterday" thing is really throwing me off. This entry will probably also be quite short. Maybe I should've combined the last 2 entries into ONE BIG HUGE SUPER-ENTRY. Lol.
So today I went to the London Library again with the other members of the program. That was pretty cool. I started thinking more about what I wanted my paper topic to be. I'm thinking about writing about gender roles in Shakespeare (specifically in Twelfth Night, because I wrote a paper on that last year) but a lot has been written about that already, and I want my paper to be unique. I'm thinking about maybe doing something about the male actors who had to play roles like Viola, Rosalind in As You Like It, etc... the experience of a man playing a woman playing a man, and how that affected things at the time. Not too sure yet though. Aunt Jenny once told me that she loved libraries because while you're researching your subject, you often find out about other things relating to the subject that you might be interested in, and your knowledge just grows and grows. I hadn't openly browsed in a library in a loooooooooong time, and that statement was SO true for me today. God, just being in a library as epic as the London Library, which has soooo many books and allows for open browsing in the stacks...ah, it's like heaven to me.
Tomorrow I'm going with Chelsea and Tamara to Buckingham Palace! It should be pretty fun. We're probably going to do some exploring, too, as none of us really know how to get there. This should be interesting...
Well, I better get this in before it reaches midnight (my time). I think I'm juuuuuuuust going to make it...
- Miranda

1 comment:

  1. Mom says:
    How cool! Sounds like you are having a lot of fun and learning a lot too! Can't wait to see the pictures from Buckingham Palace!!
    Hugs! Mom

    ReplyDelete